This dish is a Flavor Chef family favorite. The best part about this meal (or side dish) is that it can be served any time of the day. Roast this up as a super filling and nutritional way to start the day, with some eggs on top for breakfast or brunch, or serve it with some protein for dinner. The recipe can easily be doubled or tripled. We add bone broth to just about everything for many reasons but the main one here is as a flavor enhancer. Of course, with The Flavor Chef, you can always expect fantastic flavor! Chef Lance's Potato and Vegetable Hash is no exception!
This weekend, visit us at BoneBroth.com and get 10% off your order total with coupon code POTATO10. This coupon is only good from Friday, August 11, 2017 at 3:00pm PST until Sunday, August 13, 2017 at 11:59pm PST...no exceptions!
Love is The Ultimate Spice!
Yields: 4-6 servings (entree); 6-10 servings (side dish)
|1 sweet onion, diced||4 cloves garlic, minced|
|1 lbs red and yukon gold potatoes, cubed||2 large heirloom carrots, cubed|
|1 bunch radishes, sliced||1 med bell pepper (red or yellow), cubed|
|4 oz cremini mushrooms, sliced||1/2 cup The Flavor Chef Organic Beef Bone Broth or Organic Chicken Bone Broth|
|sea salt and black pepper, to taste||coconut oil (or ghee) for saute|
|granulated onion||granulated garlic|
|fresh nutritional yeast flakes||4 sprigs fresh thyme, rosemary, or oregano (use one or all three)|
- Scrub your potatoes and cut them into 1 inch chunks. Place the potatoes in a stove top steamer and cook until tender.
- While the potatoes are cooking, begin to prep the remaining vegetables.
- In a large saute pan on medium high heat, place the coconut oil, diced sweet onion, and minced garlic. When soft, add the remaining vegetables (carrots, radishes, bell pepper, and mushrooms) and saute until soft. Then add the cooked potatoes and season with salt and dry spices.
- Add 1/2 cup of The Flavor Chef Organic Beef Bone Broth or Organic Chicken Bone Broth and allow broth to steam all the flavors together (also helps prevent burning if you get distracted).
- Stir and toss to combine. Allow flavors to cook together in the pan.
- Now add in nutritional yeast flakes and minced herbs. Toss and enjoy!