Thousands of years ago, Hippocrates said, "Let your food be your medicine and let your medicine be your food." Today, we are thankful to have good friends like Christa Orrechio continuing to carry that torch. Christa is a clinical and holistic nutritionist dedicated to helping individuals use food as medicine to heal from the root cause. As the founder of The Whole Journey, she continues to spread this message and has helped countless people regain their health. Oh, and she's a big believer in the healing powers of bone broth! Christa has been kind enough to share with us a great article on this topic that we can now share with you! Please read on below for Christa's quick summary of the benefits of bone broth.
As you know, Monday is also Memorial Day. We would like to thank and honor all of the heroic men and women of the United States Armed Forces who have given their lives in service. While enjoying your freedoms on Memorial Day, we encourage you to pause for one minute at 3:00pm local time for the National Moment of Remembrance. This is a time for reflection and unity as a nation.
Love is The Ultimate Spice!
Excerpt Taken from The Healing Powers of Bone Broth! by Christa Orrechio
(Click the article link in the title to read the full article)
A Quick Summary of The Benefits of Bone Broth:
- Promotes Healing – Bone broth has been used successfully in treating gastro-intestinal disorders, including hyperacidity, colitis, Crohn’s disease, and infant diarrhea.
- Digestive Aid – Aids in the digestibility of grains, beans, legumes, vegetables and meats and is hydrophilic in nature.
- Macro Minerals – Contains highly absorbable forms of calcium, magnesium, potassium, phosphorus, and sulfur, as well as trace minerals which support the bones, adrenal glands, nervous system, gums, and teeth.
- Gelatin and Collagen – Rich in both; promoting bone and joint healing in addition to supporting digestion, improving skin elasticity, and the reduction of wrinkles.
- Fat Burning – Can help reduce inflammation and allow the body to begin burning fat for fuel instead of sugar.
- Rich in Protein – Adds easily digestible protein to your diet.
- Contains Amino Acids – Glycine, proline, hydroxyproline, and lysine are formed, which is important to detoxification and amino acid production in the body.
- Joint Support – Glucosamine, chondroitin sulfate, and hyaluronic acid are produced and present for additional muscle and joint support.
- Immune System Enhancement – Promotes the assimilation of vitamins and minerals and thus supports immunity.
- Delicious and Nutritious – Use as soup, cooking liquid, sauce, or as a tea.
- Synergy – Finally, by initially healing the GI tract, bone broth creates an environment in which all of the nutrients being taken in, whether by food or supplementation, can increase their bio-availability to your body.